Friday, August 15, 2014

It's On!

It's been a whirlwind of a week. In fact, it has been a whirlwind of a summer. Starting with a trip to visit my sister, Bethany, in China and ending with a quick trip to Michigan with my intention of staying there to embark on my semester in Ghana. Little did I know that I would end up going back to Pella for a week longer due to a week delay in our semester because of the Ebola virus disease that has been spreading throughout several West African countries. 

Despite the delay, we will be going to Ghana early next week after much deliberation, and I didn't know it was possible, but I do believe that I am more excited to go than I was even a week ago. While we (13 other students and myself) are in Ghana we will live in Ghana's capital of Accra and study at the University of Ghana. We will be taking six different classes- Ethics of Development which will be taught by our Calvin professor, and then the five classes taught by Ghanaian professors: West African Literature, West African Politics, Twi (a language class), Peoples and Culture of Ghana, and African Drumming and Dance.

While we are there I hope to keep family and friends updated through this blog. Hopefully I can relate many of the adventures I will experience and let you know how classes are going and what life is like studying in Ghana. Who knows, I might even be able to get footage of our drumming and dance class!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Meg. Good to read observations about your new country of residence for the next four months. Keep 'em coming! Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete